Saturday, February 5, 2022

Saturday Spankings - She can’t follow if you don’t lead

Welcome to Saturday Spankings. I hope you’re enjoying snippets from Returning to Us, my addition to the Corbin’s Bend series. This book does have plenty of sex and spanking but also some of my thoughts concerning why many of us crave spanking and discipline. And about the frustration of not getting what we want/need at times.

In this snippet Hal has gone to talk with his mentor, Jason. He shares some of his fears about getting started into DD again.

 

“But everything’s different now. We’re all grown up and civilized, maybe too civilized. When I say I’m scared, it’s not that I’m afraid she’ll blow up in a temper. In fact, I think I miss some of that fire and temper. You see, the few times I’ve mentioned spanking her over the past few years, she’s usually just laughed. I’m scared she won’t go along with it. Deep in my gut, I think that’s what I fear the most, her scorn and dismissal. Susan never ‘fights’ anymore, but she grows silent… distant… until I feel nothing I say or do will faze her. I don’t know what to do when she gets like that.”

“Yes, you do know,” Jason said simply. “Hal, understand this. Susan came here with you, knowing what our community is all about. And she came of her own free will. It’s time, past time, for you to step up. She can’t follow if you don’t lead.

“I imagine the laughter and dismissal you were seeing, were less from humor or disregard as they were a defense mechanism on her part. I’ve often talked with Rose about this and a few other women as well. I believe that our wives want discipline and structure. But it’s hard for them to admit to wanting it. Our wives lived most of their lives in the ‘real world’ where they knew their desires would be viewed as strange and abnormal. The thought of admitting that they would tolerate, much less crave, a dominant husband who would hold them accountable and spank them if they went off track, would have been a huge embarrassment. I think it’s this eternal conflict that causes them to build up the walls. I do know women build up walls – they can build them with remarkable speed and they build them strong. You have to begin tearing them down and keep tearing them down as they’re rebuilt. You let them get so much as one brick atop another and you can see something like the Great Wall of China going up in a day’s time.”

“I know all about the walls, but how do I go about tearing them down?”

“Talking is the best way to get them down but tenderizing the bottom with a good wooden paddle or leather belt does wonders for a woman’s communication skills,” Jason told him. Hal grinned. Maybe this would really be a new start for them.




After thirty-five years, Susan thought her marriage was over the morning after their last child's wedding. Hal, her husband, said he needed to talk about something important. She knew it couldn’t be good. They rarely even spoke anymore. 

 

In the beginning they’d been so close, so passionate. Practicing domestic discipline had been a wonderful part of their lives - sometimes. But over the years it had all drifted away, even when Susan asked for what she needed. He would occasionally give her a mild, sexy spanking, but the real discipline she craved was a thing of the past. 

 

Now, Hal suddenly wanted to talk about moving to Colorado to live in Corbin's Bend, a community where spanking was not only accepted, but encouraged. Could this bring back the closeness and passion they’d once had? Could Susan trust that this time Hal would truly step up?


Cassie Space series:





Cassie's Space (book one)   
Cassie's Tale (book two)                       
Cassie on the Move (book three)          
Cassie's River Living (book four)        
Cassie's Conflict (book five)
Cassie's Influence (book six)
Cassie's Ordeal (book seven)
Cassie Corralled (book eight)
Cassie's Road Trip (book nine)
Cassie's Life (book ten)

Paperbacks can be found here


Cal's Law Series:


Cal's Law (book one)
Becoming Family (book two)
Educating Jenny (book three)
Searching for Home (book four)

On the River series:
















On the River (book one)


Corbin's Bend

Returning to Us   


8 comments:

  1. Love this PK, that's a great description from Jason of the inner conflict over craving spanking.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Roz. I went on a fairly long rant into my personal reactions to spankings, but Blogger ate it. So, suffice it to say I love the way Jason explains things to Hal, and I agree with him, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger has been a butt all day! I don't think we give enough thought to the spankers insecurities.

      Delete
  3. It's great to see the way the spanker processes it. Usually, I read more of how the spankee processes their need for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to see both sides of the situation.

      Delete
  4. Minielle Labraun

    I love this line. ‘I think it’s this eternal conflict that causes them to build up walls.’ Kinda completes the thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got this on my email but it didn't show up here so I brought it over. Thanks for coming by. I think Jason was right.

      Delete