Saturday, August 8, 2020

Saturday Spanking - The fight is on!

Happy Saturday to you all! I’m taking today’s snippet from Cassie’s Conflict, the fifth book in the Cassie’s Space series.

Cassie and Tom have been married for more than forty years. While they may fuss occasionally, they rarely fight. However, when Tom is convinced that Cassie’s not feeling well and Cassie insists she fine, Cassie finally comes out fighting. As they got ready for the banquet they were to attend, Tom fussed about Cassie not coming to the room to rest before dinner. Then he told her, ‘no drinking’ that night, angering her further. Eventually Cassie’s had enough.

 

Tom turned to the couple on our left and announced, “I think we’ll be headed back to the hotel soon. Cassie’s been a little under the weather.”

As far as I was concerned, the fight was on! “THAT’S IT!” I shouted loud enough to attract the attention of several tables as I slammed my hand down. Lowering my voice only slightly I continued, “Cassie has not been under the weather in the least. If Cassie had been feeling under the weather, I would have been one of the first to know. If you think I’m too old and decrepit to come to these functions, why don’t you just put me in the home and be done with it? You can go back to the hotel alone if you want to, I don’t give a damn! I’m staying here!” I grabbed Sue’s drink and downed it in one gulp and then left the table so fast none of the stunned men had time to rise.

I was so mad I didn’t know what to do with myself. I headed to the bar to order another drink. I scanned the crowd until I spotted several old friends and asked one to dance. I stayed on the dance floor nearly thirty minutes. Tom was still at the table. His face was dark with anger, but he made no move to come to me. I tried not to look his way, but it seemed impossible. I kept glancing over regardless of my intentions. He never took his eyes off me. Finally, I couldn’t take it any longer and I headed to the ladies’ room.






Cassie's Space (book one)   
Cassie's Tale (book two)                       
Cassie on the Move (book three)          
Cassie's River Living (book four)        
Cassie's Conflict (book five)
Cassie's Influence (book six)
Cassie's Ordeal (book seven)
Cassie Corralled (book eight)
Cassie's Road Trip (book nine)
Cassie's Life (book ten)

Paperbacks can be found here


Cal's Law Series:


Cal's Law (book one)
Becoming Family (book two)
Educating Jenny (book three)
Searching for Home (book four)


Corbin's Bend

7 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I think Cassie is going to regret that! It seems she may already be feeling some remorse. I can understand her frustration at Tom fussing when she feels fine.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She IS frustrated! But snapping at and cussing Tom is never a good idea.

      Delete
  2. Oops! Cassie may regret her temper!
    I’m rereading mine! I just want to feel the love Tom and Cassie have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reread often - it's like falling into a soft, warm place.

      Delete
  3. I can understand Cassie's anger, but Tom knows something is wrong, even if Cassie doesn't realize it, yet. Not sure what's going to happen. Tom maybe angry, but he was also being insensitive to Cassie's feelings in his protectiveness of her, which isn't a good thing. So, in a way, they are both wrong. Point is, if Cassie truly is ill, she will undoubtedly pay for her little temper tantrum in a way she didn't expect. Great snippet, PK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom's over-protectiveness is driving Cassie nuts. But she did not handle this well!

      Delete