Saturday, July 6, 2019

Saturday Spanking - Realizing what she needs


And we’re back for another Saturday Spankings here in the heat of the summer. I’m back to bring a snippet from my latest book, Returning to Us in the Back to Corbin’s Bend series. I’ve read most every book in this series and the idea of a public spanking has both horrified and fascinated me. How would you feel about this if you were actually faced with one? 
In this post, I told about Susan’s blow-up. Now they are having to come before Brent and Charles to see if a public spanking is warranted. And Hal, who is just beginning to understand, tries to explain how he feels he failed Susan.


 “What Susan’s tried over and over to tell me, is that discipline makes her feel safe. It gives her the freedom to be who she really is. She needed to know that there was a safety barrier, something to push against – like a guardrail. But instead of being firm and keeping her safe, I was like old rotten wood that she realized might give away at any second and leave her free-falling.”
Susan stared at Hal in wonder. He was explaining it so well. Better than she could have done.
“She’s tried over and over to tell me what she needed to feel safe and loved. What she needed to be a happy, healthy person. I was only providing dessert, when what she needed was a well-balanced meal.”
Hal stopped to look around the room. Quincy and Jason were nodding in agreement. Brent and Charles were both listening intently, but their faces didn’t show anything of what they might be feeling.
“I know I must seem incredibly slow to you all, but I’m finally getting it. And I’m sorry it’s taken me so damn long. But I do think I understand now and I’m asking that you please let me handle the punishment in private.”








Other books by PK Corey

Cassie Space series:



Cassie's Space (book one)   
Cassie's Tale (book two)                       
Cassie on the Move (book three)          
Cassie's River Living (book four)        
Cassie's Conflict (book five)
Cassie's Influence (book six)
Cassie's Ordeal (book seven)
Cassie Corralled (book eight)
Cassie's Road Trip (book nine)
Cassie's Life (book ten)


The Cassie's Space series books can also be found in paperback here.

    Cal's Law Series:



Cal's Law (book one)
Becoming Family (book two)
Educating Jenny (book three)

Check out more great snippet here.

6 comments:

  1. Love Hal in this snippet PK. Great explanation, he does understand.

    Hope the spanking happens in private. I definitely wouldn't like the idea of being spanked in public.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz,
      I agree. A public spanking would be terrifying!

      Delete
  2. I really like the way Hal spoke of Susan's needs. Both touching and relatable. By George, I think he's got it! Great snippet, PK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a wonderful glimpse into Hal's thinking. I only wish it was mandatory reading for husbands.

    OMG, a public spanking would be like having sex in public! Spanking is very private.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too think every husband should read this - memorize it, actually! The idea of a public spanking is much like thinking of a horror story story. Maybe good for a delicious shutter, but that's all.

      Delete