Saturday, April 11, 2020

Saturday Spankings - Can't get away with anything!



I’m guessing everyone is still in and I hope everyone is safe and well. Thanks for coming by Saturday Spankings to read a snipped today. Although I am writing a new book I’m putting up snippets from my Cassie’s Space series and today’s snipped comes from the third book, Cassie on the Move.
Cassie, Tom and their friends are on a cruise. Cassie really wants to hear the late night comics show, but Tom feels it’s going to be nothing but vulgar jokes and crude language. Cassie and Sue decide to try it on their own, without Tom’s knowledge.


We decided on Thursday night, and I even did a dry run the night before, slipping out of bed and watching TV for a half hour in the living room just to see if he noticed. He didn’t.
The next night I rested peacefully in his arms until around one-fifteen, then I slipped out and quickly redressed. Moments later, Sue and I were off. Beth had been right about the show. We laughed until we hurt. It was so raunchy I was most grateful that Tom was not with me. He would have had a fit. Just after two, Sue and I parted and it was the moment of truth. Would I be able to make it back to bed without waking Tom? I’d done it the night before. I took a deep breath and opened the door quietly. I’d left the bedroom door opened a crack, lest it make a noise. I slipped off my dress, tiptoed into the bedroom, and slipped silently into bed beside my sleeping husband.
I lay still for a moment to make sure he wouldn’t waken, and then gently scooted over toward him to snuggle as I do during the night. Tom rolled over sleepily and pulled me to him to spoon as he usually does. I’d done it! I snuggled back against him and sighed in relief.
Tom stirred a bit, gently kissed me on the back of the neck, and whispered, “In the morning I’m going to wear you out.”
He said it quietly, but the surge of adrenaline that shot through me made it seem as though he had shouted in my ear.
“What?” I tried not to sound shocked. “I was just in the bathroom. What are you talking about?”
He pulled me even closer and said, “You went to that show when I told you not to. And you left the suite without telling me. Are you sure you want to lie to me right now?” I don’t know how Tom knows everything all the time.








Cassie's Space (book one)   
Cassie's Tale (book two)                       
Cassie on the Move (book three)          
Cassie's River Living (book four)        
Cassie's Conflict (book five)
Cassie's Influence (book six)
Cassie's Ordeal (book seven)
Cassie Corralled (book eight)
Cassie's Road Trip (book nine)
Cassie's Life (book ten)

Paperbacks can be found here


Cal's Law Series:


Cal's Law (book one)
Becoming Family (book two)
Educating Jenny (book three)
Searching for Home (book four)


Corbin's Bend

Check out more great snippet here.

6 comments:

  1. Uh oh, busted! Not much gets past Tom. Great snippet PK :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, and it's so true. I don't know how they know when we try to pull one over, but they always do. Wonderful snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,I think being an HOH makes you psychic.

      Delete
  3. I love Cassie and Tom! Hoss always seems to know when I slip out of our bed to run to the restroom or check on the house or kids or whatever. He doesn't like me leaving anymore than Tom likes it when Cassie does the same thing. Especially if I get up and decide to do housework. So I can totally relate. Have a Happy Easter!
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Baker! Nick would probably encourage me to sneak out of bed in I were doing housework! Tom sure does like knowing where Cassie is all the time.

      Delete