Thursday, April 24, 2014

Liebster Award!

   *I'm putting this same post up here and at New Beginnings too. I know I have some friends that read both places.  


         Thank you Celeste Jones for nominating me! I enjoy answering questions and I thank you for the opportunity.



Here are the rules:

1.Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2.Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3.Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4.Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5.Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6.Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7.List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8.Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)


Here are Celeste's questions for me: 
  
What is your fantasy vacation?

I love cruises. I think I would like to cruise to Bermuda, spend a week there and cruise home.

Cats or Dogs?

I worked for seven years as a veterinary technician, so I’m a true animal lover. We had a beautiful Golden Retriever for ten years and he was so loved. But I’d have to say now I’m a cat person. They are soft, cuddly and you can leave them for the weekend without the need of a babysitter.

What's your favorite breakfast?

Scrambled eggs, bacon, grits and a side of pancakes.

What's your guilty pleasure?

Weekends alone! I love my husband more than you can imagine, but I do enjoy the weekends he goes golfing. I eat what I like, stay up until 2:00 am, sleep late, and just totally relax.

What's your favorite thing about blogging?

Absolutely the people I’ve met. I love the contact with people who understood my love for spanking and I didn’t judge. Being able to talk about that openly made me feel totally free and accepted here.

What's your least favorite thing about blogging?

It takes a lot of time and at times I feel I get obsessed with it.

If you could go back in time to your 18 year old self, what message would you give yourself?

When you fall in love trust yourself and trust him. Tell him what turns you on sexually, don’t wait until you’re fifty for heaven sakes!

If you had a day to do whatever you wanted, what would you do?

I really love spending the day writing.

What advice do you have for someone who is new to blogging?

If you want people to come read your blog and leave comments you need to go to their sites and leave comments. Even before I began blogging I left comments and made wonderful friends.

What is one of your pet peeves?

School administrators who are twenty years my junior, and have taught one forth the time I have telling me how I should be teaching.

What are some of the challenges of keeping your life as a spanking blogger/writer a secret?

I worried about it the first few years and simply never mentioned it to anyone besides my husband. Now I don’t feel I have to hide. I’m not going to send my boss a copy of one of my books, but everyone out here has helped me realize that there is nothing wrong with what I choose to do or to write.  My children are grown and I’ll retire soon. No reason to think of it as a secret any longer.


Eleven random facts about myself:

1. If they were alive, my maternal grandparents would be 140 and 134.

2. I wore a size 4 wedding dress – I rapidly got over it.

3. I’ve worn glasses since the forth grade.

4. I didn’t enjoy reading until I was nearly a teenager.

5. I used to want twelve kids – I got over that too.

6. I’ve only applied for three jobs in my life, got all three.

7. Given my choice I like to stay up very late.

8. I knew I was interested in spanking before the age of five, I came out to Nick at forty-nine.

9. I had never written a thing before I wrote my first Cassie story in 2006.

10. Many of ‘Tom’s’ idea of how a lady should behave come, straight from my mother.


11. The day I came out to Nick I started sleeping in the nude and I still do.

I’m going to nominate Grace from A Day in the LifeAmi from Ami’s Starsong, and Terpsichore from A Place to Share. If any of you have been nominated before, forgive me. And send me the link to your answers.

And here are their 11 questions:

1. If money were no object, how many children would you have had?
2. What were some of your favorite books when you were a child?
3. Do you (or your husband) have any nude pictures of you?
4. If you had to pick a state (not the one you live in now) in the US, what state would you choose.
5. How does spanking work in your relationship?
6. What’s your best marriage advice?
7. What’s your best parenting advice?
8. How would you feel if your daughter told you she wanted to be in a spanking relationship?
9. How many different countries have you been to?

10. What’s your dream job?
11. Do you think spanking is a possible parenting tool?



8 comments:

  1. Hi PK, just read this on New Beginnings. Enjoyed reading your answers. I would love to go on a cruise too.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to see you here Roz. Cruises are just wonderful.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic post, PK! I like how real you are. :)
    I bet that is hard having all those young "know it alls" around you.

    I love that you are so free and open about your spanking desires and writing.

    I'm not quite able to be there yet, bc of the little ones in the house. But when they are grown up, I hope to come out a bit more. :)

    Good blogging comment! And I love your 18 year old comment. I wish I had known then what I know now (actually just recently this past few years!).
    :)
    Great post! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the kids were younger I knew they would be terribly embarrassed if what I wrote came out and I worried about that greatly. But now that they are grown they are beginning to realize that I'm a real person, now they just have to deal with it.

      Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  3. Excellent post PK! I'd be pretty frustrated with those pipsqueak know it all's too. Lots of good advice here too. Thanks for taking the Liebster challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celeste, I guess it's a sign of age when the people in charge seem like know it all kids, but they really do.

      Delete
  4. I like these memes. I enjoyed getting to know you better and seeing the things we share in common and how we are different. Also, I liked your questions for the next group of bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cara, go for it - I would love to hear your answers. And you know we have no rules here.

      Delete