Saturday, April 19, 2014

Saturday Spankings - April 19


Happy Easter and welcome to Saturday Spankings. I’m excited! First I have all next week off and second Cassie on the Move comes out next month. Check below for the new cover. My eight, (okay nine – but I’m trying) sentences today are from this new book. Tom and Cassie often cross swords when Cassie doesn’t share with Tom that she is not feeling well. After Cassie’s passes out and has to spend the night in the hospital, Tom confiscates her keys until “he knows she’s feeling better”. Cassie put up with it for a few days, but her frustration is mounting. At breakfast a few days after she comes home from the hospital that frustration boils over.

“ Give me my keys, I’m not your prisoner.”
“I’m assuming you’re well enough to discuss why you hid the fact that you weren’t feeling well from me,” Tom said quietly.
I knew it wasn’t in my best interest to continue being hateful, but I’m afraid that didn’t stop me. “ Good grief, Tom, I’m in my sixties, if I tell you every time I have an ache or pain we won’t have time to talk about anything else.” I was definitely releasing some inner frustration and Tom did not like my tone.
He asked, “Are you sure this is the way you want this conversation to go?”
I’d gotten up to take my dishes to the counter and I turned back and yell at him, “I don’t want this conversation to go anywhere, I want my damn keys!”
I know, I know – I’d yelled a bit, and cussed just a little, but I did not break the glass on purpose, it was just that everything seemed to happen at once. When I sat my plate down, maybe a tiny bit hard, my glass fell into the sink and shattered.

Hmmm… may not be the best way for Cassie to get what she wants.


Blurb: Cassie on the Move

 Cassie’s on the move and loving life. Through paint ball game in the woods and water park adventure she’s gets to know her new neighbors as the new house is renovated. 
     Cassie is traveling too, from trips with just the girls, to conventions, vacations, and cruises with Tom and friends, she's always ready for the next adventure. But when Cassie begins having dizzy spells Tom thinks a slower pace is in order. Getting Cassie to slow down and take care of herself proves to be quite a challenge. A challenge Tom is more than determined to take on.

If you're not familiar with Cassie and her friends her are her first two books. They can be found at Amazon and Blushing Books.
Cassie continues to live life to the fullest, from wheeling around in her new sports car to mastering the art of riding a motor scooter with no hands, she manages to keep Tom on his toes. The fly in the ointment is that Tom’s firm wants him back for a project and Cassie wants him all to herself.  When Tom takes the job, Cassie is left lonely and bored – never a good combination for her.
 Left to her own devices Cassie makes some poor decisions, frightening Sue and causing Tom to lower the boom. Tom's new schedule for Cassie, including her getting a job, leaves her little time to get herself in trouble – yet she still manages.


Meet Cassie, a former wild child, who meets her match, and creates the match of a lifetime. To nearly all who know her now, Cassie is a vivacious, sweet southern lady, who is the epitome of grace and proper behavior. Look a tiny bit closer and you’ll see that Cassie has another side – the one whose language could make a sailor blush as she drinks him under the table.
 Thanks to her loving husband Tom, who even after thirty years of marriage, never hesitates to put Cassie over his knee when she strays too far from his view of ladylike behavior, few people other than close old friends know this side of Cassie exists.
 Cassie and Tom show that love and passion are not the sole property of the young. Love and passion grows and changes with age. While aging may bring on challenges – the love and passion between these two people only grows stronger.


Don’t forget to read the rest of today’s snippets

32 comments:

  1. oh goodness! Cassie does have a mouth on her here. I can understand her frustration- I've been feeling like that trying to navigate the waters between being a slave and being a caregiver with my injured Master, but ack, what a way for Cassie to talk to Tom. so not good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joelle, you have to remember - Cassie is not submissive and never agreed to be. She acknowledges Tom is head of the family, but she does fight to have her own way.

      Delete
  2. PK,
    oh dear Cassie, not a good move, will you never learn?
    Nice snippet.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, definitely not a good move on Cassie's part! Great snippet PK, I could feel her frustration.

    Happy Easter!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz,
      No not a good move, but Cassie just doesn't handle frustration well.

      Delete
  4. Great dynamics between these two, and poor Cassie is very good at getting herself in trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abigail, everyone has some natural talent - finding trouble is Cassie's.

      Delete
  5. Oh no! The glass just had to break, didn't it! Poor Cassie - she desperately needs a day pass. Hope she gets it - the pass that is ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom never has been one to give passes. But he does love her and understands her frustration.

      Delete
  6. Argh...best not make it any worse! She probably thought uh oh!
    Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minelle, Tom's fast. She did have much time to think at all!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like Cassie already has at least one key, the "key to a spanking" from Tom... lovely interaction...

    ReplyDelete
  8. sometimes, frustration just takes over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, and there is nothing you can do about it.

      Delete
  9. We both had key snatchings in our snippets this weekend--too funny. Cassie got a bit snippy with Tom so my mind is racing with ideas of what happens next. Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing you can imagine Tom's reaction. I wish my husband would take my keys - I'd love to be stuck at home.

      Delete
  10. It's so nice to see characters who are beyond their 20s and 30s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree, I love to read about a hot young couple - but nothing is as satisfying as a long tested love. As Tom one said, "Green apples don't have much flavor."

      Delete
  11. Nice to see a DD relationship that shows the woman is not always submissive. She is gonna get it good tho' because Tom is definitely not going to stand for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that too, I just think it's more realistic. In my head Cassie and Tom are so real and although Tom is the boss, Cassie will always give him a run for his money.

      Delete
  12. I love books with older married couples, it's nice to see a deep love. I love sassy women :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan, I think you would be very happy with Cassie and Tom then. They are as in love as any couple I know.

      Delete
  13. Those damn husbands just don't know when to stop sometimes. I think it's all Tom's fault!
    Great snippet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey - always! Cassie would agree! Glad you came by.

      Delete
  14. Uh oh. I love when he says, "Are you sure this is how you want the conversation to go?"

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's one of the things I like about your Cassie book, they are older couples. Super snippet. Thanks.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie, I like this lifestyle for adults, people with a little knowledge of the world and how it really works.

      Delete