Saturday, October 21, 2017

Saturday Spankings - Temper, anyone?



Happy Saturday. Finally we are  enjoying some fall weather and there is nothing better than reading by the fire. I hope you’ll find some book to tempt you here at the Saturday Spankings Blog Hop. My newest book, Cassie’s Life, will be out next month and I’ll begin with snippets from it in November. Today’s snippet comes from the fifth book, Cassie’s Conflict.
Cassie and Tom have been up most of the night worrying about Allie. When Tom cut Cassie off from talking with Ryan before Ryan took Allie for a ‘talk’, Cassie is furious. I think we can see where this is going.

“Don’t tell me to calm down. You think you can tell me what to do and how to feel. Well you can’t,” I shouted.
I stormed into the bedroom giving that door a mighty slam. I really thought Tom would ignore it, most of the time he gives me a little space to vent. But that time he didn’t. He followed me to the bedroom. “Cassie Jane – that’s enough. Now don’t make me repeat myself.” I wasn’t in the mood to discuss it any longer so I marched right past Tom without so much as acknowledging him and left the bedroom. Sometimes I even surprise myself with my own stupidity and this was one of those times, as I left, I gave the door one hell of a slam.
The sound of it scared me. I felt like I had just committed a fatal error. I tried making a dash for the great outdoors once I heard the slam, but I never stood a chance. Tom had me by the wrist and pulled me back into the bedroom and over his knee in a flash.





Cassie is one busy lady. The new country club/spa has opened and the whole gang is enjoying all the amenities. That is until a new club member, Clara, begins to ride roughshod over everyone.  The situation worsens until it becomes physical, but even that doesn’t stop it.

Cassie seems to find little conflicts everywhere she turns, but it’s not always her fault. Tom is over protective about her health, sending Cassie into a tantrum. In addition, a few things happen on the girl’s trip that lands Cassie, as well as the other ladies, in even more hot water.  Through it all Tom is there to love and protect Cassie in his own unique way.



Other books by PK Corey: The Cassie Series

(If you haven't read a Cassie book, you need to give one a try!)

Cassie's Space (book one)   
Cassie's Tale (book two)                       
Cassie on the Move (book three)          
Cassie's River Living (book four)        
Cassie's Conflict (book five)
Cassie's Influence (book six)
Cassie's Ordeal (book seven)
Cassie Corralled (book eight)
Cassie's Road Trip (book nine)

Cal's Law (book one)
Becoming Family (book two)

Check out more great snippet here.

12 comments:

  1. Nothing like sealing your fate with a slam of the door. I have a feeling she'll feel better I the end though.. Great snippet as always PK :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Constance. A slammed door feels so good - for a moment.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, yep, can see where this is heading and I agree, I think Cassie will feel better...some time afterwards lol.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassie's temper has gotten her in more trouble than her disobedience.

      Delete
  3. Slamming that door wasn't the wisest thing ever. Really enjoyed your snippet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. Cassie's wisdom leaves her when she gets mad.

      Delete
  4. Sometimes you're so angry, a spanking would only piss you off more. The fact she realizes she's overstepped a line means she knows what she's in for, and as angry as she is, she deserves it. Great snippet, PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree - some things you just know better. This time she did it anyway.

      Delete
  5. Well another Saturday and Cassie makes me smile again. I love this snippet and completely emphasize with Cassie's mood and behavior. I also love Tom's firm resolve to let her know what is and isn't acceptable conduct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom might love her to death, but he's always going to make her toe the line about some things.

      Delete
  6. I know someone quite well who has a temper like that. She is always trying to do better, and there are times when Sam is there to help her.

    Honest Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those with a temper like this often need a firm hand. Glad your 'someone' has that!

      Delete