Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Getting to know Leigh Smith

I’m so happy to bring you Leigh Smith today! Leigh is a friend, we first ‘met’ when she sent a story to Fantasy Friday years ago and we’ve had an email friendship ever since. Last year we got to meet in person in Las Vegas. She is the best and I hope we’ll be getting together again some day. Now you can get to know her a little better too.

Meet…



Leigh Smith

Give us your basic bio, what ever you’re willing to let us know.

Chronologically, I’m in my seventh decade but much younger in every other way. My husband and I have been together for over forty-five years.  We have a daughter and two grandsons. I live wherever the RV lands, which is usually somewhere in the Western United States. My husband and I retired a couple of years ago and have been searching for our forever place ever since.  We started this phase of our life with two cats, but they have since crossed over the rainbow bridge and at this point, we are petless.  I used to love to cook but not so much anymore and I have never been a good housekeeper.  I’ve dabbled in many crafty things, love to play cards and games and only came to writing a couple of years ago. 

When did you first realize that you were interested in the idea of spanking?  

I can’t remember when I was not. I grew up in an era when spanking was more acceptable than now, it was on tv, movies, books, magazines. It always tweaked my interest.


Are you in a relationship that includes spanking? How would you describe it?

Yes, for fun and games and it doesn’t happen nearly often enough.

Were you spanked as a child? Whether yes or no, do you think this affected your interest?

Yes, I can remember being spanked three times.  I can’t say it affected my interest.

Did you, do you, or might you use spanking with your own children?

A couple of swats here and there, that’s about it.

When did you first begin writing spanking stories?

As you well know, I first started writing spanking stories about two and ½ years ago.  I was a consistent visitor to your New Beginnings blog where every Friday you posted a story and wrote my very first story for your site.  It was well received and I wrote a couple more, and then, and then.  Several of the my readers suggested I put them together in a book and as you say, the rest is history.  I still write a new story every week for my Aimless Ramblings blog site, although lately, it seems to be harder and harder to come up with new ideas.


How comfortable are you with people in your real life knowing that you write spanking fiction? Does everyone know, a select few, or do you try to keep it private?

I’ve told all of my close friends, and some of my family, although not my daughter.  I seem to be telling more people the more time goes by.  It’s funny but most people don’t ask details.
                                                    

Some people don’t like to be labeled in only one area, but do you feel your writing is in a particular category? 

I write pretty standard romance stories that contain spanking. I write what I like to read, however like most, I don’t consider myself a writer so much as a story teller.  I never had aspirations to write, it just happened and I fit it into my real life.

Do you think you might someday like to branch out and write something totally different (or do you), either within the spanking fiction world or something else completely?

Never say never.


How attached do you get to your characters?

I love my characters when I’m writing them.  Once the book or story is finished, I often don’t even remember their names.

Do you know what happens after the book ends?

No, because it’s never as good as the first ending.  You never seem to be able to catch that magic again.  It’s why sequels are never as good.


Describe your ‘perfect’ writing day.

A day when the ideas and words just flow from head, to hand to computer.


When did you first begin publishing?

June 2013 is when my first work was published.  It was a western anthology.  

What caused you to jump in at that moment in time? 

Many readers of my AR Blog kept urging me and one day I just got a bug in my ear.  One of the writers I like published at LSF, so I sent my work to them. I didn’t tell anyone until the work was accepted.  LSF is a small house, but they are helpful and I feel at home there.


With so many wonderful writers here I can get confused as to who writes what. Would you list all the books you’ve published so far. I’m assuming your books can be purchased through Amazon and Barnes and Noble, but let us know where else they are available.

Lonesome Oak Ranch
Living the Dream
Taming Maria
Love is Where You Find It
Flying High
After the Rainbow
Destiny Take a Hand
The Look of Love
The Star Crossed Cowboy

Short Story

Meredith Meets Her Match


My books are available through LSF Publications, Inc., Amazon and and offered on Kindle Unlimited.

8 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed reading your answers Sunny. I'm so glad you started writing for PK's Fantasy Friday. Always love your stories:)

    Thank you both for sharing :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sunny, I enjoyed these answers. I always like your stories and am glad you got that first book published:)
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello PK and Leigh,
    I enjoyed this interview very much. Thank you.

    appy

    ReplyDelete
  4. SG,

    You know I love your stories and the characters. Enjoyed reading the interview.

    Thanks both.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful interview, PK and Sunny!!:)

    Sunny- I enjoyed learning more about you, as well as your writing. I have always enjoyed your books. I especially enjoyed the characters in Destiny Takes a Hand. You write so well and I will look forward to reading anything that you bring us in the future! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview, ladies.
    I love this whole series, PK. Please keep them coming.
    This is such a great way to get to know everyone.
    hugs, ladies
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview! Thanks, PK and Leigh :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks PK for having me, but most importantly, thanks for your ongoing encouragement and most of all your friendship. It means the world.

    ReplyDelete