Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Getting to know - Rayanna Jamison

I’m so happy to have Rayanna Jamison here today to let us have the chance to get to know her a little better. I enjoyed her answers to my questions and I especially enjoy her books. Thank you Rayanna for being here.

Meet…





Rayanna Jamison

1. Give us your basic bio, what ever you’re willing to let us know.

Born and Raised in Oregon my whole life, in 2013 I moved to Southern Utah with my husband, 2 children and mother.  I'm 33, I love to cook, and socialize. I sew, but not well, and I am obsessed with sushi. I worked in the seafood industry for 16 years, a family business, and we sold it and moved here. I now have lots of free time, to explore writing, which is something I have always wanted to do. I have the time to be a full time writer, but not the drive or focus. I'm working on that. When my kids and husband are home, we just do regular family stuff. We love to explore our new area, and hang out with our neighbors. We have amazing neighbors.


2. When did you first realize that you were interested in the idea of spanking?

I hate to answer this, it's almost embarrassing to admit, but I'm not the first person to have a story like this, either and that makes it a lot easier. We'll just say, I don't think any of my childhood friends would be surprised with the nature of what I write.


3. Are you in a relationship that includes spanking? How would you describe it?

I would, at this point describe it as DD lite. Meaning, it's not an everyday thing for us at this point, but I think if I were to do something really awful, it would still be there on the back burner, and my husband has been known to get a bit heavy handed when I have a deadline looming. But for the most part, in our everyday life, it's just for fun.

4.  Do you remember the first spanking story or spanking book you ever read? Tell us about it.

I remember coming across a really hot spanking scene in one of my mom's Catherine Coulter books. It's in nearly all of Catherine Coulter's historicals, but this one was a contemporary. I still have my copy of that book.

5. When did you first begin writing spanking stories?

I had one I wrote in high school, it was more of a fictional journal than an actual story, if that makes sense. And I quit writing anything at all when I was about 17, and didn't start up again until 2013.

6. How comfortable are you with people in your real life knowing that you write spanking fiction? Does everyone know, a select few, or do you try to keep it private? 

It's about half and half. A lot of my friends know, and about half of those maybe know my pen name. Everyone has been pretty supportive, and in coming out about it, I have found more than a few kindred spirits.

7. Some people don’t like to be labeled in only one area, but do you feel your writing is in a particular category?

Mine at this point, are all contemporary, and about half of them are very clean, focusing only on the spanking aspect of the relationship.

8. Do you think you might someday like to branch out and write something totally different (or do you), either within the spanking fiction world or something else completely?

Yes, I have several goals of this vein. I would like to write something under a pen name I wouldn't mind sharing with everybody.

9. How attached do you get to your characters? Do you know what happens after the book ends?

I don't get too attached, or maybe I do. My books so far have all been (or will be) serials, so I get to revisit my characters and that is always fun. You can always add to their happy ending later.


10. Describe your ‘perfect’ writing day.

I would be super motivated, and get up, have a walk, get the housework done before 10, then the rest of the day would be sitting on the patio in the sun with my notebooks and maybe some wine.


11. When did you first begin publishing? What caused you to jump in at that moment in time?

I started writing my first book in November 2013, and submitted it in February of 2014. I attribute the leap to two things. The first one is the encouragement of my dear friend Patty Devlin, who had been trying to get me to write a book for some time, and who refused to let me give up when I got discouraged. The second thing is the move. In Oregon I home-schooled, because I didn't like the school district I was in. Here, my kids are in an incredible school, and they are both full days now, being a bit older, so I had all this free time, and a major culture shock to inspire me.

12. What is your best advice on how to promote?

Be vigilant. Don't be afraid to ask people to host, and use whatever tools you have at your disposal.

13. With so many wonderful writers here I can get confused as to who writes what. Would you list all the books you’ve published so far. I’m assuming your books can be purchased through Amazon and Barnes and Noble, but let us know where else they are available.

6) A Perfect Partnership

All of my books are available at Blushing Books, Amazon and Barnes and Noble.




























































6 comments:

  1. Hi Pk and Rayanna, I enjoyed reading this and getting to know more about you Rayanna. Sounds like your move was a good one and I love your perfect writing day :)

    Thank you both for sharing :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice interview - nice getting to know you better Rayanna. Have read you books and enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, nice answers. It is nice to get to know you, have enjoyed your books too
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved hearing a little more about Rayanna! Thanks ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice interview. I enjoyed the read.. Thank you PK and Rayanna.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete