Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Getting to know Megan Michaels

I’m so happy today – I have Megan Michaels here today to talk with us. I enjoyed reading her blog before I even got to read her books. I really liked reading her answers to these questions. Some answers made me very jealous and I loved her description of her relationship. I hope you’ll enjoy her answers too.

Meet…




Megan Michaels

Here we go!! 
Give us your basic bio, what ever you’re willing to let us know. 

I'm 50+ and live in Upstate New York--which is nothing like NYC.  Upstate NY has tons of farms, apple orchards, and grape vineyards.   I've lived here my whole life.  I'm going to be leaving my job this month and writing full time now!!  I love cooking--it's one of my guilty pleasures.  When I'm sick of everything, I'll spend the day cooking in my kitchen.   I used to have beautiful flower, vegetable, and berry gardens.  But I've stopped doing most of those--they take too much time. 

When did you first realize that you were interested in the idea of spanking?

I've been interested in spanking as far back as I can remember.  I've done all the things that spankos do--looked up all the spanking words in the dictionaries and encyclopedias.  I've always loved spanking stories>  

Are you in a relationship that includes spanking? How would you describe it?

I am in spanking relationship.  I would describe it as a D/s relationship.   I'm definitely not on the passive/deep submissive--I'm a little too mouthy and impulsive for that.  I try and many days I succeed quite well.   I typically listen and do what he says.  The trouble is:  now that he's gotten into this, he loves to push my limits.  He knows that I love humiliation and embarrassment, so he tends to give me orders that are along those lines.  They're fun to read about, but very hard to do in real life.  

Were you spanked as a child? Whether yes or no, do you think this affected your interest?

 I was spanked as a child.  It wasn't just spanking, it was definitely abuse.  Once the step father left, I was never spanked again.  I used to think it was directly related to my interest.  But after talking with several spanking fiction friends, I've come to the realization that MOST of them were never spanked.  So, I don't think it's related anymore. 
Do you remember the first spanking story or spanking book you ever read? Tell us about it.
Ping the Duck---doesn't every spanko remember that as their first spanking book???  Any duck that was late getting onto the boat--with all his siblings--they would get a spank on their tail.   God I loved that story.  

When did you first begin writing spanking stories?
 My anniversary is soon.  I wrote my first one in February, 2014. 
 Some people don’t like to be labeled in only one area, but do you feel your writing is in a particular category?

I started writing in age play.   I never intended to write age play, but I loved writing both stories.  They were fun and they poured out of me.  I've now moved into D/s and my new book is M/s. So far, these book have all poured out of me.  I would say that my books are strong than some, but I do have humor in them to keep the mood light too. 

Describe your ‘perfect’ writing day.

Sitting in a quiet house with coffeehouse blend music, the fireplace on with a blanket, my Chihuahuas and my laptop.  And coffee.  Tons of coffee.   

 What is your best advice on how to promote?

I've had my most success with Twitter and I always, ALWAYS use D/s or super sexy pictures with the link to my book.  I tend to receive a ton of clicks on those days.  

With so many wonderful writers here I can get confused as to who writes what. Would you list all the books you’ve published so far. I’m assuming your books can be purchased through Amazon and Barnes and Noble, but let us know where else they are available.
What Naughty Little Girls Get  The Link:  http://amzn.to/18Ytd7k    is on Amazon, B&N, ARe and Blushing
The Little Princess Cruise   The Link:  http://amzn.to/1zJP6zT        is on Amazon, B&N, ARe, and Blushing
Finding Submission   The Link:  http://amzn.to/16xHplR      is on Amazon, B&N, ARe, and now is also available on Google+, Apple, Smashwords, Kobo




5 comments:

  1. Hi PK and Megan. I really enjoy these posts PK and loved reading your answers Megan. How great that you will be writing full time!:)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same as Roz, I am really enjoying these posts. Thanks PK. Megan, loved reading your answers. Good luck with full time writing.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi PK and Megan - Great interview, thanks. My hubbie is from your area of the country - I agree it is beautiful, except in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi PK and Megan, nice answers. I enjoy your books. Good luck with writing full time
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Megan! Your interview was fun to read! I enjoy hearing about us ladies embarking on creative exploration later in life!
    Look forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete