Saturday, November 18, 2017

Saturday Spankings -The complete truth


Welcome to Saturday Spankings! Cassie’s Life it live and ready to read. It’s always so exciting when a new book comes out! I hope you’ll read it and I hope you’ll like it. Today’s snippet if from this brand new book, Cassie’sLife.

Many of you know Cassie, whatever it is, she didn’t do anything wrong or it wasn’t her fault. But there seem to be a difference of opinion about this as the girls gather for coffee one morning.

“Let’s hear it,” was nearly the first thing Annie said. “Ryan got us at the airport last night and I heard him telling Andy that you’d gotten yourself in trouble while we were gone. What did you do?”
Everyone at the table had pinned me with a ‘go on and tell her’ stare. I, however, ignored what they were thinking and I told the complete truth.
“What did I do, I’ll tell you what I did. I made plans to meet a friend for lunch. I ran into another friend who was upset. We talked a while and then I came home.”
Having told all the facts I felt were pertinent to the story I sat back sipping my coffee. Sue and Allie rolled their eyes, but Lily chimed right in. “Lord, the lying! Sittin’ right here at your own table lying to your friend like she was a stranger.”
“You tell me one thing I said that was a lie?” I flared back at her.
“It ain’t no wonder Mr. Tom has to take a stick to your behind so often. Now you gonna tell Miss Annie what you did or am I?”




Cassie’s Life (Book 10)
Ask Cassie about her life on the river and she’ll tell you it’s lovely and peaceful. But while Cassie loves the life she lives, peaceful is not always an accurate description. Whether she’s confronting an armed man who’s in a drunken rage, planning a friend’s wedding or dealing with a ghost in a backwoods lodge, Cassie is going to deal with it the best way she knows how. And peaceful doesn’t always work.
When a mysterious phone call comes for Cassandra Wentworth – Cassie’s past is suddenly back to haunt her in a devastating way. Tom has always said nothing from before the time they met counts, but he didn’t know about this.  Sue, Annie, Allie and Jenny are all willing to help, but will it be enough?

Amazon

Blushing Books


Other books by PK Corey: The Cassie Series

(If you haven't read a Cassie book, you need to give one a try!)

Cassie's Space (book one)   
Cassie's Tale (book two)                       
Cassie on the Move (book three)          
Cassie's River Living (book four)        
Cassie's Conflict (book five)
Cassie's Influence (book six)
Cassie's Ordeal (book seven)
Cassie Corralled (book eight)
Cassie's Road Trip (book nine)
Cassie's Life (book ten)

    Cal's Law Series

Cal's Law (book one)
Becoming Family (book two)

Check out more great snippet here.

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations PK! Thank you for sharing this snippet from the new book. It seems Cassie has some more explaining to do. Lying by omission. Tut tut lol

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that I do not have time to write a longer comment, my friend. I am very BUSY reading Cassie's Life! Will write more when I am done.

    Busy Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep reading - don't worry about commenting, just keep reading!

      Delete
  3. How Wonderful, PK!!! :) I have my hands on your new book (well, my kindle, actually), and will definitely get started on it, as soon as I finish celebrating LOL Days! You GO Girl!! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cannot wait to dive in! The teasers are peaking my curiosity!
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I want to know what she did, too. Great teaser, PK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this looks like a great addition... so mysterious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I one-clicked yesterday and I'm carving out time this weekend to read. What a great excerpt. Sounds to me like Cassie has told the truth. Who could think otherwise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Cassie always tells the truth. At least her version.

      Delete
  8. Uh-oh. Cassie's only telling us the partial truth. Great snippet, PK.

    ReplyDelete