Saturday, February 17, 2018

Saturday Spanking - Tom's greatest fear



I’m happy to see you here for Saturday Spankings. This is the best blog hop for finding snippets and deciding how to refill your Kindles. Today’s snippet from Cassie’s Life leads to Cassie’s most difficult conversation with Tom, ever.
Breaking into a hotel, being caught by law enforcement leaving, and being interrogated with her friends is nothing compared to what she’s going to have to tell Tom now.

 Looking up at Cal I asked, “May I speak with Tom alone first?”
“Please let her, Cal,” I heard Jenny ask.
“Take them to my office,” Cal told Brandon.
Brandon lead us there and quietly closed the door. My tears became gulping sobs and Tom held me, rubbed my back and told me everything would be all right.
“Calm down,” he was telling me. “I have to know everything. I know you didn’t steal any money. Someone’s trying to blackmail you, right?”
Tom told me later he hoped he’d never see such a desperate haunted look on my face again. I saw fear creep into Tom’s eyes too.
“Tell me, Cassie. Is it something from your past?”
I put my head down and nodded.
“Will it take you away from me?” he asked, naked fear in his voice.



Cassie’s Life (Book 10)

Ask Cassie about her life on the river and she’ll tell you it’s lovely and peaceful. But while Cassie loves the life she lives, peaceful is not always an accurate description. Whether she’s confronting an armed man who’s in a drunken rage, planning a friend’s wedding or dealing with a ghost in a backwoods lodge, Cassie is going to deal with it the best way she knows how. And peaceful doesn’t always work.
When a mysterious phone call comes for Cassandra Wentworth – Cassie’s past is suddenly back to haunt her in a devastating way. Tom has always said nothing from before the time they met counts, but he didn’t know about this.  Sue, Annie, Allie and Jenny are all willing to help, but will it be enough?



Other books by PK Corey in the Cassie Space series

(If you haven't read a Cassie book, you need to give one a try!)

Cassie's Space (book one)   
Cassie's Tale (book two)                       
Cassie on the Move (book three)          
Cassie's River Living (book four)        
Cassie's Conflict (book five)
Cassie's Influence (book six)
Cassie's Ordeal (book seven)
Cassie Corralled (book eight)
Cassie's Road Trip (book nine)
Cassie's Life (book ten)

    Cal's Law Series

Cal's Law (book one)
Becoming Family (book two)

Check out more great snippet here.

14 comments:

  1. What a serious and emotional moment for Tom and Cassie. Their love and devotion to each other shines through. Awesome snippet PK :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it does too. They just want to be together.

      Delete
  2. This is a great piece of writing PK. I feel Cassie's and Tom so clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this snippet, PK!:) A wonderful read about a couple so loving, and in tune with each other. Roz's words above about it being "a serious and emotional moment" sure do capture it well. Big stuff for them to get through. SOOOO good! Thanks for sharing! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are in toon but this really threw them for a loop. Thanks for stopping by today.

      Delete
  4. Oh, PK, this is where I started crying and didn't stop until the end. Such a powerful interchange between Cassie and Tom.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And this was where Tom began thinking of how to get Cassie out of the country and living off the grid. He was truly scared.

      Delete
  5. Aw. That made me want to cry. Great descriptive writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really shows the seriousness of Cassie's predicament. Wonderful snippet, PK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Will it take you away from me?" Tom loves her so much. You have the best words to make us feel their love. They are perfect together.
    Rosie Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was all Tom cared about. Cassie is his life.

      Delete