Saturday, April 25, 2020

Saturday Spankings - Surprise on both sides



Happy Saturday everyone! We’re still living in a strange world and I’m hoping throwing out ideas for some books you may enjoy will help. I’m taking one last snippet from the third book in my Cassie’s Space series, Cassie on the Move.
Cassie and Tom are spending their first Halloween at the river. Cassie was delighted to find out the adults at the river often dressed up to give out candy. Kate and Allie dressed her up as a sexy pirate wench. But as she was crossing the lawn home from the neighbors after dressing, Tom spoke to her sharply from the upstairs window telling her to get inside. Cassie was embarrassed and was a little angry. She felt Tom was about to hurt Kate and Allie’s feelings.


He spoke my name as he came into the room, but I was angry by then and I didn’t turn around. I was startled when he barked sharply, “Cassie Jane, look at me when I’m speaking to you.”
I’m not a child. I threw caution to the wind as I wheeled around to attack before he could. But when I turned I was utterly speechless at what was before my eyes.
Never in my wildest dreams! My Tom, dressed in full pirate regalia. He looked incredible. I could only stand and stare. He had on a puffed-sleeve shirt with a leather vest, and a sash was at his waist as well as a very real-looking sword. High leather books came nearly to his knees. I had a hard time taking it all in. Looking back at his face, I saw a delightful glint in his eye as I spotted the earring in his ear. Tom with an earring – not a sight I’d ever thought I’d see in this lifetime. I don’t believe the man had ever looked better.
This secret plan had been Kate’s idea and her whole family had helped. I think they saw it as a celebration of my recovery. I couldn’t believe Chris had talked Tom into all this, but he told Tom how they were dressing me and Tom went right along. Tom had loosened up, living at the river. Well, not loosened up on me, but he just seemed more relaxed and willing to break out of his rigid mold. Not to mention he was more than happy to celebrate my return to health.
That old pirate stalked right over to me and kissed me in front of everyone. I just couldn’t take my eyes off him. Lingering at my ear, he whispered, “Far too much cleavage for a lady, but we’ll discuss that later tonight.”








Cassie's Space (book one)   
Cassie's Tale (book two)                       
Cassie on the Move (book three)          
Cassie's River Living (book four)        
Cassie's Conflict (book five)
Cassie's Influence (book six)
Cassie's Ordeal (book seven)
Cassie Corralled (book eight)
Cassie's Road Trip (book nine)
Cassie's Life (book ten)

Paperbacks can be found here


Cal's Law Series:


Cal's Law (book one)
Becoming Family (book two)
Educating Jenny (book three)
Searching for Home (book four)


Corbin's Bend

Check out more great snippet here.

4 comments:

  1. Love it PK! What a wonderful surprise for Cassie, though it seems she's not totally out of the woods :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was thrilled. And for the record, Cassie is never out of the woods with Tom.

      Delete
  2. Love this scene, PK. Tom is the perfect match for Cassie, and they both know it. I love the fact he's willing to play along to make her happy. Great man, wonderful snippet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom will do anything for Cassie. He loves her so.

      Delete