Saturday, May 7, 2022

Saturday Spankings - Annie's right?


Happy Saturday Spankings Day. This snipped comes from Suspicions on the River. While on a girls’ trip the women argue over something Cassie wants to do even though she knows that if Tom finds out there will be a serious spanking in her future. Annie and Allie accuse Cassie and Sue of secretly enjoying that type of spanking, but point out that they are endangering the others, who are not fond of serious spankings. Cassie and Sue are still angry as they head to bed.

 

 

Cassie and Sue exchanged looks. Both women were angry as they got ready to sleep. Once in bed, they lay silently in the darkness wide awake, neither speaking for nearly an hour. Then as though they’d been discussing it the whole time, Cassie spoke into the darkness. “Annie’s crazy. Why would she say that?”

“Exactly,” Sue agreed. “She doesn’t know what goes on in our marriages. Usually it’s all play spankings at our house. I hate it when Steve is really upset about something and it’s a real spanking. Annie knows nothing.”

“She knows how I feel about that damned ivory brush! How could she call ‘bullshit’ when I say I only enjoy spanking when it’s lighthearted fun or for sexy reasons?” Cassie asked rhetorically. The women lapsed back into silence.

Sue’s silhouette was barely visible to Cassie in the darkness. But in the dim light she watched as her friend sat up and rearranged her pillows. “I’m lying,” Sue said quietly. “When Steve spanks me for real, I do like it. Not the spanking itself,” she hastened to add. “But all that comes with it.”

Cassie was silent. Sue never discussed any details of any of her spankings. Everyone could tell by the sour look on Sue’s face after she’d been spanked for real, but nothing was said. Now, she wanted to talk.

“You know during most of the time Steve and I have been together we haven’t been all that close. Not like you and Tom. I wanted it, but I didn’t know how to get there. When we had those big fights, we would scream horrible things to each other. Well, it was mostly me saying the nasty stuff. The fights usually ended in a mutual, ‘Fuck you!’ and then we wouldn’t talk for days. That never happens anymore.”

Sue laughed suddenly. “I could use a cigarette about now, if I still smoked.”

“You have enough bad habits without that,” Cassie pointed out, grinning to herself.

Sue went on. “But now, when I do something stupid with you or I say something really out of line to him and he gets that look in his eye and takes me to the bedroom, it’s like he’s fighting for us. It hurts like hell when he uses that damn paddle full force. But it doesn’t hurt as much as the ‘fuck you’ used to.”

Cassie sat up further in the bed but remained silent. Sue was opening up in a way that was rare for her. 

“But when it’s all over, hell, Cassie, sometimes I even cry. When he holds me and tells me he loves me… at that moment I know I’m the only one in his world. I wouldn’t trade that for anything. It’s all I ever really wanted.”

After another long silence Cassie told her, “I know. I know exactly what you mean. So…” There was another pause. “Annie’s right?”

“Of course Annie’s right,” Sue snapped. “Annie’s always right! But I’ll be damned if I’ll admit it to her!”

Chuckling, Cassie got up to go to the bathroom. When she came back to bed, Sue reached out and took her hand. “You know you’re the only one in the world I’d say all that to.”

Cassie gave Sue’s hand a squeeze as she reached over and kissed her on the cheek. “I know,” she told her friend, “but we’ll never admit it to another soul.”


 

Suspicions on the river (a Cassie’s family story)

Book three in the On the River series

 

Cal and Jenny have a nearly idyllic marriage. There are rare trips across his lap for minor problems, but most of those trips are just for fun. Could that be changing? Pat, Cal’s former lover, has moved back to town and she wouldn’t mind giving it another try with Cal. She feels he can’t be serious about this little twit that he married so quickly. Pat feels that once Cal realizes she offers him a better option, he’ll choose her. But soon mysterious things begin happening to Pat. Is someone trying to run her out of town? Could that someone be Jenny?

 

Cassie and the whole river family try to keep Jenny occupied and out of trouble, but suspicions just go from bad to worse. Both Jenny and Pat want Cal and they’re willing to fight for him. How dirty will this fight get?


Buy links:

Kobo  

 

Nook 

 

Blushing Books  

 

 

Cassie Space series:




Cassie's Space (book one)   
Cassie's Tale (book two)                       
Cassie on the Move (book three)          
Cassie's River Living (book four)        
Cassie's Conflict (book five)
Cassie's Influence (book six)
Cassie's Ordeal (book seven)
Cassie Corralled (book eight)
Cassie's Road Trip (book nine)
Cassie's Life (book ten)

Paperbacks can be found here


Cal's Law Series:


Cal's Law (book one)
Becoming Family (book two)
Educating Jenny (book three)
Searching for Home (book four)

Paper backs available

On the River series:




On the River (book one)

Corbin's Bend

Returning to Us   

6 comments:

  1. Love this exchange. It's kind of like I'm visiting with friends as they open up about their life. Great snippet, PK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the way I feel as I do my writing. Just talking with friends.

      Delete
  2. Awesome snippet PK, this captures it so well, and if course Cassie and Sue would never tell Annie she's right lol. "It doesn't hurt as much as the 'fuck you' used to". That says it all :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spanking will always win out over cold anger. And Cassie and Sue know it.

      Delete
  3. Not even one day PK. That's how long it took me to read the book. LOVED IT!!! That snippet was golden.

    boo

    PS now I am sad I don't have it to continue reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Boo, I'm late answering but I so thank you for coming by. How I wish I could write as fast as people read. Sadly I'm a fast reader but a very slow writer.

      Delete