Saturday, May 28, 2022

Saturday Spankings - Could it be possible?


Welcome to Saturday Spankings! I enjoyed my book signing last week. I even got a write up in our local paper with my picture and everything. It was such fun. I’m putting up another snippet from Suspicions on the River today.

While the women were away on their girls’ trip, Ryder and Sophie hears Pat telling a friend that Cal came to see her nearly every night and that it was so much easier while Jenny was away. Not quite believing her, but certainly having doubts, Ryder tells Jenny what he’d overheard.

 

 

They sat in the living room and Ryder told her everything he’d heard Pat say. Jenny listened in disbelief.

“She actually said all that? She mentioned both me and Cal by name?” Jenny questioned.

“Yes. Sophie and I both heard her. I don’t know if I believe what she said, but the woman she was talking to seemed to believe her. Sophie said maybe she was just trying to impress her friend but that just sounds stupid to me. She’s a grown-up. Why would she try to impress someone by lying about being with a married man?” Ryder hesitated a moment, trying to find the right words, before plunging on. “I didn’t mean ‘with.’ I meant him coming to her apartment. I didn’t mean…”

“I know, Ryder. Hush. I get it.” Jenny got up and began pacing. This is not true. I know damn good and well he did not just leave my bed and go to that woman. I know he didn’t! What is Pat doing? Is she calling him there for pretend police business? Because an old friend needs someone to talk to? He shouldn’t even go for those reasons. Is he there now? 

“Fuck!” Jenny spat out. Then looking over to Ryder she muttered, “I didn’t say that.”

He nodded. “Should I have kept my mouth shut?” he asked.

“No! I’m glad you told me. I know he’s not going there to cheat on me. I know it. But she could be getting him there for other reasons and she sure might try to get him to cheat. I just wish that there was some way to know if he’s going there or if it’s all a lie she’s telling her friends. Too bad her apartment’s on the second floor. I think I’d do some window peeping.”

They sat in silence, each turning all the information over in their minds. Suddenly Ryder said, “Dad has a drone. I could borrow it and the next time Cal says he has to go out in the evening, we could go down and maybe use it to look in her window.” 

Jenny gave him a thoughtful look. She knew she should shut down the idea right away. Instead, she asked, “Would your dad let you borrow it? That might work. And if anyone sees us we can tell them we were looking at the boats at night and got the thing too close to the window as we were landing it. It’s perfect.”

“Yeah, he’s let me fly it before. Can you take me over there tomorrow to get it?” he asked.

“Absolutely. Hopefully we won’t even use it. But if he’s going there for any reason, I want to know it. Miss Pat and I may need to have a word of prayer before all this is over. I do trust Cal, but I’m putting nothing past that bitch!” She looked over at Ryder and grinned. “I didn’t say that either.”


 

Suspicions on the river (a Cassie’s family story)

Book three in the On the River series

 

Cal and Jenny have a nearly idyllic marriage. There are rare trips across his lap for minor problems, but most of those trips are just for fun. Could that be changing? Pat, Cal’s former lover, has moved back to town and she wouldn’t mind giving it another try with Cal. She feels he can’t be serious about this little twit that he married so quickly. Pat feels that once Cal realizes she offers him a better option, he’ll choose her. But soon mysterious things begin happening to Pat. Is someone trying to run her out of town? Could that someone be Jenny?

 

Cassie and the whole river family try to keep Jenny occupied and out of trouble, but suspicions just go from bad to worse. Both Jenny and Pat want Cal and they’re willing to fight for him. How dirty will this fight get?


Buy links:

Kobo  

 

Nook 

 

Blushing Books  

 

 

Cassie Space series:




Cassie's Space (book one)   
Cassie's Tale (book two)                       
Cassie on the Move (book three)          
Cassie's River Living (book four)        
Cassie's Conflict (book five)
Cassie's Influence (book six)
Cassie's Ordeal (book seven)
Cassie Corralled (book eight)
Cassie's Road Trip (book nine)
Cassie's Life (book ten)

Paperbacks can be found here


Cal's Law Series:


Cal's Law (book one)
Becoming Family (book two)
Educating Jenny (book three)
Searching for Home (book four)

Paper backs available

On the River series:




On the River (book one)

Corbin's Bend

Returning to Us   

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, something tells me this plan is going to backfire lol. I'm not sure if Ryder should have told her or not!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well he is a kid and he's 100% team Jenny. If he hears someone talk about her and Cal he's going to tell.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Roz. The plan will definitely backfire, but I don't blame Jenny one iota. Perhaps spying isn't the best recourse. She probably should just come out and ask Cal about it, but where's the fun in that? Great snippet, PK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She should just ask him, but Jenny's young and a little hot headed. She wants to see for herself.

      Delete