Saturday, July 16, 2022

Saturday Spankings - Who did it?


Welcome to Saturday Spankings! I’m coming to the end of the snippets for Suspicions on the River. You’ll need to do some reading to see how everything works out. Everyone is wondering who is behind all the unnerving things happening to Cal’s former girlfriend, Pat. Pat suspects Jenny. She calls Cal to her apartment for a talk…

 

“Jenny doesn’t see you as the enemy, but she is a bit insecure when it comes to you. She knows we lived together. She thinks you still care for me that way. I’m sure that makes her uncomfortable.”

“Well she’s not completely wrong,” Pat told him. “Now wait,” she told him as she saw his frown deepen. “I’m not planning to rip off my clothes and invite you to my bed. I just mean I wish it had been different for us. I’ve always regretted our break-up even though it was my idea. If I’d come back and found you single, then yes, I would have wanted us to try again. But that’s not the way it is. And you have to convince Jenny of that. Cal, I’m convinced she is behind all the things that are happening to me.”

Cal opened his mouth to protest, but Pat cut him off. “There is no one else it could be. It’s not Sean. He might be annoyed with me, but he simply doesn’t care enough to go to so much trouble. I’m sorry to say it, but Jenny’s lying to you. I know how you feel about being lied to, but that’s what’s going on. You need to get her to stop. My nerves are shot. She has to back off. Maybe I should talk to her, with some type of mediator or something to let her know I’m not after you.”

“No, I don’t want you talking to Jenny. She’s not behind these things. She doesn’t lie to me,” Cal insisted. 

Pat was silent, watching her old friend. Then she said, “That might me true normally, but if she really thought I was after you – if she thought she could lose you, would she possibly lie to save her marriage?”

Cal hesitated before he started to answer. “Before you say anything let me show you something. I haven’t showed this to Chief Waters yet. I wanted you to see it first. I found this under my windshield wiper just before I called you. I’m guessing it’s a message from your wife.”

She handed over a half sheet of paper that she’d slipped into a zip-lock bag. Cal took it and read the handwritten note.

Enough bitch. Leave or I swear to God I’ll beat the shit out of you.

Cal stared at the note. His hand began to shake. The handwriting was unmistakably Jenny’s.

 

Suspicions on the river (a Cassie’s family story)

Book three in the On the River series

 

Cal and Jenny have a nearly idyllic marriage. There are rare trips across his lap for minor problems, but most of those trips are just for fun. Could that be changing? Pat, Cal’s former lover, has moved back to town and she wouldn’t mind giving it another try with Cal. She feels he can’t be serious about this little twit that he married so quickly. Pat feels that once Cal realizes she offers him a better option, he’ll choose her. But soon mysterious things begin happening to Pat. Is someone trying to run her out of town? Could that someone be Jenny?

 

Cassie and the whole river family try to keep Jenny occupied and out of trouble, but suspicions just go from bad to worse. Both Jenny and Pat want Cal and they’re willing to fight for him. How dirty will this fight get?


Buy links:

Kobo  

 

Nook 

 

Blushing Books  

 

 

Cassie Space series:




Cassie's Space (book one)   
Cassie's Tale (book two)                       
Cassie on the Move (book three)          
Cassie's River Living (book four)        
Cassie's Conflict (book five)
Cassie's Influence (book six)
Cassie's Ordeal (book seven)
Cassie Corralled (book eight)
Cassie's Road Trip (book nine)
Cassie's Life (book ten)

Paperbacks can be found here


Cal's Law Series:


Cal's Law (book one)
Becoming Family (book two)
Educating Jenny (book three)
Searching for Home (book four)

Paper backs available

On the River series:




On the River (book one)

Corbin's Bend

Returning to Us   

  

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, did Jenny write the note or is she being set up? Interesting development

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Roz. Is Pat devious-enough to copy Jenny's writing. The evidence is pretty damning. Love the snippet, PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But does she know Jenny's handwriting well enough to fool Jenny's husband?

      Delete