Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Libby Campbell - Trusting Ingrid


Trusting Ingrid
by
Libby Campbell



Ingrid soon learns that big girls do cry, 
especially when they have very sore bottoms.


 I haven't been here in a while but I'm very happy to be back with Libby Campbell and her latest, Trusting Ingrid. I love Libby's books and I think you will too. If you haven't tried one yet - go for it!


Hashtags: #romance #erotica #addiction #broken #secondchance #HEA #alphahero #OTK

Blurb:

Ingrid Nickel doesn’t want to go into rehab. Again. She tried it once but it didn’t work.
When she meets Lachlan Morrison, the connection is electric. She sees a handsome man, directing and challenging, who won’t be intimidated by a powerful woman like her. He sees a woman whose bluster and sarcasm is a cover for something deep inside her that is badly broken.
The daughter of a grifter, Ingrid has grown up street-wise and lawless. Lachlan has rescued more than one creature whose bark was worse than its bite.
Will his stern, loving magic work on Ingrid?

Publishers note: Although loosely part of a series, this spicy romance can be read as a stand-alone story. It includes scenes of domestic discipline and power exchanges.



Release date: June 14, 2018 by Blushing Books
Genre / keywords: addiction, alcoholism, broken, alpha hero, romance, second chance, erotica
Length: 82,000 words – 280 pages

Buy link – Amazon



Excerpt

Ingrid balked. “I think I’ve been pretty productive the past few years. I’ve been the top salesperson in the province. Do you have any idea how much real estate I’ve sold?”
“No and I don’t particularly care either. I’m talking about you learning to develop a moral code, to be the type of person that Glyn and Rachel can invite into their house without having to count the silver before you leave.”
A guilty blush crept over Ingrid at that suggestion. She had already decided not to slip one of their antique silver spoons into her suitcase, but how had Lachlan known she’d even thought about it?
“I’m speaking metaphorically,” he said. “What I mean is that I’d like to be with the sort of woman I can take anywhere and not have to watch what she does when she thinks no one is looking.”
“I don’t know if I can be that woman.”
“I’m sure you can or I wouldn’t be here now. I’ve known someone like you in my past. She was much younger when we got together so she had fewer, less ingrained bad habits to correct. I was also younger and a lot less experienced then. I think I can straighten you out much faster, now.”
“Straighten me out?” Ingrid pursed her lips for a second. “What does that look, taste, and feel like?”
“It looks like you, bare-bottomed, stretched over my knee. It tastes like you eating humble pie when you go back to that cinema tomorrow and apologize for spoiling one of their seats and offer to pay for the cost of cleaning. It feels like my hand falling hard and fast on your upturned derrière.”
Ingrid’s throat turned desert dry, as feelings pinballed through her. She’d have to try to be honest, something she’d never done before. Sure, she was trying to move her life in that direction anyway but now Lachlan would be watching her. He would spank her if she failed. He might give up on her entirely if she wasn’t willing to try.
“So you want to punish me like I’m a recalcitrant child?” she asked.
“To put it plainly yes, if you agree. From where I’m sitting, from everything I know about you, your life was a train wreck last year. Until you’ve got a much stronger moral compass, you obviously need help.” He patted her two clasped hands with his one free one before letting them go.
She sat back, savoring the lingering strength of his touch. Heat rose from her clenching pussy. This was it, the dangerous, exciting aspect of love that she’d been so curious about. It was too late to discuss it with Rachel, to get an overview. She could either jump in and learn firsthand or she could turn her back on the most terrifying, alluring offer anyone had ever made her.



Don’t miss these other great books from Libby Campbell and Blushing Books:

The Romancing the Coast Series
Seeing Ronnie.(Book 1)
Holding Cynthia (Book 2)

A Time For Will

Simon in Charge – 3 book boxset

More about Libby Campbell:

Libby Campbell’s stories celebrate romance with a spicy power exchange. Her women are strong and challenge the powerful men who love them.
Libby has lived all over Canada, but the best decision of her life was when she moved to Australia to marry her leading man. After many years there, they moved back to the Pacific Northwest. They now live in a leafy neighborhood close to the sea.
Libby’s passions are reading and writing. She also loves hiking and an occasional night of dancing.

Connect with Libby Campbell on social media:

Visit her website and blog here: Libby Campbell
Follow her on Twitter: @LibbyC26



A few more question:

Where did Ingrid come from?

Those who have read the Simon in Charge series may remember her as the realtor who sold Simon and Sadie their Vancouver mansion. When she waltzed into that book, sassy and confronting, I had to know more about her. The only way to do that was to write her story.

Was there a particular reason to choose the subject of addiction?

It seemed clear to me from Ingrid’s behaviour in Sadie Says I Do, that she had some deep problems, definitely some that involved alcohol. Plus so many families these days have been touched by the destructive force of substance abuse, I wanted to tell at least one such story with a happy ending.

We see a lot of what makes your female leads clench. What makes you clench?

Easy – the Leading Man. His voice. His laugh. Looking at his hands when we’re in public and thinking about what they do to me in private. A whispered word to me in public. After all these years, I still like his Australia accent and his often unusual turn of phrase.

But I’m not blind. When a gracious, well-mannered man pays attention to me, I still feel a flirtatious rush, a physical thrill. But it stops there. Attractive R/L men are like the hot male protagonists in a sexy book: things to enjoy in the imagination.

What was your first kiss like?

Disappointing! I was 15 at a Christmas party. Someone had hung mistletoe under the stereo. I forgot it was there and went to adjust the volume of the music. A guy I didn’t like at all came over, wrapped me in a bear hug and kissed me. I remember thinking, ‘Well that’s ruined then. That is now and forever my first kiss.’

At that age, everything was very dramatic to me. I realize now that one disappointment doesn’t spoil what life brings next.

What was your best kiss?

That’s easy: on our first date my husband threated to spank me. That threat made me flush with desire down to my toes, although I tried to act cool.

When we were walking home after that dinner, I was primed and ready for him. He’s strong lead on the dance floor and as we walked through a park, spun me into his arms and kissed me. I never wanted it to end. So far it hasn’t.

3 comments:

  1. Hi PK and Libby,

    I enjoyed reading the interview and excerpt and love the premise of this book. Thank you both for sharing :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks PK for your gracious hospitality and thanks Roz for your kind comments!

    :-)

    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy and a Canadian author to boot! ... I've added Libby's books to my Goodreads TBR list ... thanks, PK!

    ReplyDelete