Monday, February 3, 2014

Dance Partners, by Donna Steele - a great read

Today is the official release day for DancePartners, by Donna Steele. Even though Donna doesn’t write about spanking (I’m working on her) I love her books. Her women are strong and her men have depth and strong character. I hope you’ll download Dance Partners to your TBR list.


Burb -

Jim is back home and existing, but nothing more. The irony of going to a dance club isn’t lost on him. The redhead moving around the floor is the last thing he needs in his life. So what if he can’t take his eyes off her.

It’s been a great day for Wendy, and dancing is her favorite way to celebrate. The hunk’s eyes are on her, but he doesn’t approach. Intrigued she approaches him and learns a lot more about herself than she planned.



 Excerpt:
The stairs to her apartment were inside and free of impediments. She went on up and had the door unlocked, but didn’t entered until he was beside her. She noted he wasn’t in the least winded and almost seemed pleased with himself to which she made no comment.  She just went on into the apartment.
“That smells good. When did you cook?”
“I cheated. I didn’t want to have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen prepping so I used the crockpot. We’re having pot roast and vegetables. If I did it right, it should be ready.”
“It smells like you did it right.”
It was nice to receive a compliment. “Take a seat. I’ve already set the table. I have tea, juice, soft drinks and sparkling water.”
“Did you do that for me?”
“Partially, but I usually have that stuff around.”
“Tea would be great.”
****
Jim couldn’t take his eyes off her. She looked so at home and efficient as she served their dinner. He liked her place, too. It made him think of her. The walls were pastel, a light green, but she’d brought in splashes of color with the artwork and pillows.
He hadn’t thought about how drab his room at the home was. There was a photograph of a flag someone before him had pinned up, but it was faded now. He had a navy cover on his bed. The chair at the desk had no cushion. He had no photos displayed. In fact, everything he owned was either in storage or had been left at his mother’s trailer which meant it had probably been thrown out.
Wendy’s place felt nice.

Buy it now on Amazon.



9 comments:

  1. Thank you PK. Lovely excerpt, enjoyed this.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll like this book, she's written sever other great ones.

      Delete
  2. PK,

    Lovely excerpt. Thanks for letting us know.

    I've just started reading Welcome Home by her.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll get this one when ui get your new one. I love her writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Minelle, Think we can talk her into throwing in a little spanking?

      Delete
  5. PK,
    I don't know what happened to my comment.
    What I said was, that I've started my collection of PK Corey with two books on my Kindle.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete