Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tell me… how many books have I sold?

This is my second Tell me Tuesday. I have a many questions and I’m going ask them and hope they aren't stupid.

I’m wondering today if anyone can tell me how to find out how many books I’ve sold? I know about Novel Rank. But isn’t that only for Amazon?  I’m not really sure where all my books are being sold. I know they’re sold at Barnes and Noble, but I don’t how many have been sold there. I have total confidence in my publisher, but it this day of instant information shouldn’t it be easy to get this information? Also is Novel Rank pretty accurate? I ask my publisher how many I’d sold the first couple of day and it was more than Novel Rank said, so does it catch up within a few days or is it always a little behind?

If anyone is willing to help answer this for me I’d be grateful.


10 comments:

  1. Hi PK, sorry I can't answer your question but just wanted to say hi. I'm sure the other wonderful authors among us will be able to provide some answers.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz, I appreciate you coming by though.

      Delete
  2. PK,

    No idea but I'm sure someone will know. I've bought each of your books.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. PK,
    Sorry, no idea.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you still came by to say hey, I love that.

      Delete
  4. LSF Publications has given me a chart that is updated the minute a book is sold through them. I seem to remember being told that Amazon updates them once a week and then that is added to my chart also. Can't tell you any more than that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just think that there should be a better system than I know about.

      Delete
  5. PK,

    The only tracking system I've tried is Novel Rank, and I hate to tell you this but for me, it's always underreported my sales by 50% or more. So I really don't trust it at all. I've heard other authors say it underreports for them too.

    Most publishers will email you a week or so after your book was released to tell you how it's doing, and if they don't, it's perfectly okay to email them and ask for numbers. LOL just don't email them every day, but once or twice just to check up on your sales is totally fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, it's a little hard to know where to get information sometimes. I look forward to talking to you more.

      Delete