Tuesday, October 29, 2019

What do you want to read?

What do you want to read?


That’s an important question for an author. Our genre is both unique and broad. ‘Spanking stories’ come in many different forms. They range from age-play to heavy BDSM, from regency to sci-fi. I’ve read wonderful books from all these different types. A good author’s talent and skill with the written word always comes through.

I feel that our genre is growing darker as time goes on. More to dungeons and cages and very heavy stuff. There is nothing wrong with that, I know for sure there is an audience for these writers. But it’s not what write and I what to know that there is still an audience for my writing – and most importantly, where and how to reach them.

I write what I think of as ‘realistic’ spanking stories. Things that could be happening with the couple next door to you – or to you! I want a love story behind the spankings – not just passionate sex (although that’s certainly fun) but I want to show love, caring, concern, gentleness, respect… that’s what I want in a story and that’s what I write.

You won’t find the graphic sex scenes in my books. My book are usually classified as ‘sweet romances.’ A description I dislike because it sounds like I’m writing for twelve-year-olds. All my characters have very active and passionate love lives – but I don’t feel you have to have an anatomy lesson and a lick by lick description each time. Some authors write this so well you’re panting as you finish reading it and calling your honey to come home early. But I can’t write it for you. I’m just going to assume you know how sex works, and I’ll go more for the emotions behind the scene.

Here are a couple of reviews from the first book in the Cassie’s Space series and the first in the Cal’s Law series. If this is your type book I hope you’ll leave a comment here or email me. It does help to know I have an audience.


Cassie’s Space:

ByJillie Don 

What I like about this book is that it is about old fashioned values mixed in with a feisty fun loving lady who does her utmost to outwit her loving, but very conservative, husband, who by the way, is well aware when his wife tries to talk her way out of a situation. Unfortunately Cassie's description and version of events is vastly different to Tom's interpretation and this leads to some 'over the knee' discussions!
A lovely story and some very funny tales of these two people who love each other dearly.


Cal’s Law:

I enjoyed this book very much. The characters are deep and the author did a great job of sharing their thoughts. The plot is focused on Jenny trying to get her life on track, but not necessarily making good decisions. I love how the author made her decisions seem reasonable at the time even when results were disastrous. Cal is a great character who takes on the role of mentor for Jenny. He's very set in his values with no grey area when it comes to right and wrong. The contrast with Jenny's way of thinking makes the story interesting. Kyle's character adds depth to the plot giving Jenny a little devil on her shoulder opposite Cal's angel, but Kyle wasn't the bad guy I expected him to be. I'm looking forward to the next book.


18 comments:

  1. Hi Pk, I prefer stories where there is a real connection and love/romance between the couple. More contemporary stories I guess.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right up my alley. The others can be fun at times, but not for a steady diet.

      Delete
  2. Hey PK,

    I love your "realistic" books. It gives me hope that this isn't a made up thing in my head and that people really do live DD. I love the emotional connection. I don't need a graphic description of what happens after, I just like knowing that it does happen after. But it is the emotional and intimate connection of your spanking stories (the Cassie Series and the Cal Series....which I hope never end....so much more to know about...). It is the connection between husband and wife (or couple in whatever term they describe themselves) that makes it real and hooks me in from the beginning.

    So yes, you have an audience and I LOVE your writing. Please keep doing it.

    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Boo! I always want to feel it could be real. The stories will never end, but I'll need to get them from my head and out into the world.

      Delete
    2. That would make it easier for the rest of us to read them! LOL!

      Delete
  3. PK, I loved Boo's comment about not wanting either series to end. Maybe that's the biggest compliment of all. I've read around the different erotic genres myself, but I always come back to your Cassie series. Most of the other authors don't give the character development the attention it deserves. Instead they concentrate on the spanking or the kink factor. It might be titillating for the moment, but I never go back to read them again.

    Ella From the Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This means a lot. I hadn't thought about it before. I often re-read books, but you're right I don't re-read many of the books out here. I'm glad you like Cassie enough to do that.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Ella! I am the same way, I keep coming back to PK's series and re-reading them.

      Boo

      Delete
  4. I love your books. I both like the dungeon/dark play as well as your 'sweet' romance. I love reading about Cassie, please don't stop. There is room for both (plus more) in my kindle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marybeth - I enjoy both ends of the spectrum myself for reading. My writing will always be on the emotional/loving end. I hope to keep writing Cassie. I really wish I wrote faster.

      Delete
  5. I got this from Donna Steele -

    I agree with you and I want to read the type you write more. I've been sexually active for nearly 50 years, I don't need/want an anatomy lesson and I'll admit, my imagination works fine. Thanks for keeping it real!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'm so happy I grew up before music videos. I always like to make up my own stories about songs - I like to use my imagination for love scenes too.

      Delete
  6. I really enjoy the books you write. I prefer a more realistic couple in various stages of living and loving. I too have read your books more than once.Please keep writing your great stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hearing this Sharon. I love writing about 'the group.' Cassie and Tom and Allie and Ryan and all the others. I enjoy spanning the ages and watching them interact. And I'm glad to realize the story is becoming more important than the 'spanking part.'

      Delete
  7. Hi PK, I love what you write. I hope you keep on going. There are some books that are just too graphic for me, I need a story, love a mystery and a bit of "real" life!. Having said that I am loving Maren's latest at the Castle
    Love Jan,x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan! It's so good to hear from you! I think you and I like reading the same things. I must get busy on the Castle stories.

      Delete
  8. Im relatively new with this genre. Ive been checking it out, i keep coming back to your books.
    Im so sorry that im finally caught up to date on Cassies blog. It was a pleasure to go back to the start. A lot of good reading time.
    I want to read your other books too. Im new to getting books off of amazon or whatever, to my mobile device, but im working on it. Dont stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Windy! I'm so happy you're enjoying Cassie's story. If you enjoy reading a real book more than on your Kindle they are in paperback now and Cal's Law has just come out in paperback too. I hope you'll come by on Saturdays for a while I'll be putting up snippets from all my books.

      Delete