Saturday, December 5, 2020

Saturday Spankings - Panic



Welcome to the first Saturday Spankings in December. I haven’t even used this year yet, how can it be December? In this snippet from Cassie’s Ordeal, the seventh in the Cassie’s Space series, we hear from Sue.

 

Cassie’s worrisome phone calls did not stop and Tom decided to take her away until Sheriff Bennett can find out who is behind them. Unfortunately, he waits about a half a day too long.

 

This is Sue. I know you didn’t come here looking for me, you’re looking for Cassie. There’s been a lot of that going on latelyIt wasn’t quite twelve thirty when I headed back to her house. The first thing I saw as I pulled up was that the front door opened. That wasn’t right. They rarely used the front door and that it was standing opened – I felt pure horror as I rushed in calling Cassie’s name. Cassie’s purse, with the contents spilled all over the floor, was the first thing I saw. Stepping in, I saw her phone, the glass shattered, on the floor across the room. 

I hope to God to never in my life feel that kind of panic again. I had to find her, I was scared she was in the house hurt or worse and I bolted to her bedroom, it was empty. I couldn’t look further. I felt like I was drowning, the air around me seemed thick; I headed back to the front door when the word ‘crime scene’ came to mind. Reaching the front porch I felt dizzy and collapsed into a small chair there. Turning my head quickly I was sick in the yard. I had to find Cassie, I had to call 911, I had to call Tom, I had to call Steve, yet I couldn’t move. And I remember praying – please don’t let this be real.

 

~~

 

I know I’ll always remember that afternoon in bits and pieces. I remember stumbling from the porch as Kate, Allie’s mother, pulled into their driveway. She was trying to find out what had happened when the deputy came through on his rounds. I don’t know what I told them. I remember being in Kate’s kitchen, people were coming and going. Both the sheriff and Brandon Weeks, one of his deputies, asked me questions and I suppose I answered them, but I don’t know what I said. 

Leaving the kitchen I went to Kate’s living room and curled up on the couch. I wanted to believe if I just kept my eyes closed it might all be a dream. I’d lost track of time, but I heard Tom come in talking rapidly to the sheriff. Tom looked like death itself. Steve came to me, and held me quietly for the longest time saying nothing.

When Allie and Ryan rushed in, Allie came directly to me. Steve hugged her and said, “Stay with her, I’m going to check on Tom.”

Allie sat with me and held my hand as everyone came and went. She never stopped crying, I felt too numb for tears.



Blurb:

Cassie loves her life on the river with Tom and her friends. She feels Tom has her wrapped in a safe and protected cocoon of love.  But her world is jarred when the phone calls begin. Cassie hesitates to tell Tom about them knowing he’ll over react and she will be the one under ‘house arrest’. But when the calls go from annoying to frightening she has no choice. Tom brings in the police to find out who is behind the harassment and makes plans to keep Cassie safe, but he’s too late – Cassie is gone without a trace.

The police begin an all-out search, but there are few clues to go on. Will life on the river ever be the same again?






Cassie's Space (book one)   
Cassie's Tale (book two)                       
Cassie on the Move (book three)          
Cassie's River Living (book four)        
Cassie's Conflict (book five)
Cassie's Influence (book six)
Cassie's Ordeal (book seven)
Cassie Corralled (book eight)
Cassie's Road Trip (book nine)
Cassie's Life (book ten)

Paperbacks can be found here


Cal's Law Series:


Cal's Law (book one)
Becoming Family (book two)
Educating Jenny (book three)
Searching for Home (book four)


Corbin's Bend

Returning to Us 

6 comments:

  1. Hi PK, you must be early, it's only just Saturday here now lol.

    Oh my goodness, how terrifying for poor Sue, but good that she was able to raise the alarm. I hope Cassie is found soon and that she is ok!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I was a bit early this week! It was the worst fright Sue had ever had.

      Delete
  2. Hi Pk, horrific for poor Sue! I’m going back to that book! Today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Talk about intense. I can totally understand Sue's panic followed by the paralyzing numbness of disbelief. A visual and haunting snippet. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathryn. This was the book where I went from writing spanking books to writing books that contained spanking. It was a subtle but interesting difference to me.

      Delete